Please share with us your own story about Wiltshire at War. It might be a story you have discovered about how your town or village was affected by the war, or it might be a passed down family story about those who fought or those who stayed behind and ‘did their bit’ at home.
Help us to create a collective record of how the people of Wiltshire reacted to the First World War and how history was affected by the events of 1914-18. Your documents and photographs can be uploaded to this site, helping us to preserve a growing record of 'Wiltshire at War' community stories.
Uploading a Story Terms & Conditions
- Material submitted to the site may be edited for the sake of clarity or readability, cropped or digitally enhanced.
- Wiltshire at War: Community Stories is under no obligation to publish any text or photos submitted to the site.
- By submitting material to this website, you must allow Wiltshire at War: Community Stories to use the material in your contribution in any way it may reasonably choose on a free-of-charge basis in any media throughout the world.
- Material submitted to this website may only be used for not-for profit purposes.
- On completion of the Wiltshire at War: Community Stories project material submitted to the site will be stored securely in appropriate file formats on servers belonging to the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre and / or its authorised agents.